An unattended kitchen stove was blamed for an condominium fire in El Cajon Tuesday evening that triggered damage to six flats and displaced at the very least 20 people.
Deputies responded to the 400 block of East Bradley Avenue, in the vicinity of Magnolia Avenue, about 7:25 p.m. and uncovered a next tale condominium absolutely engulfed in flames, according to Sgt. Patrick Fox of the San Diego County Sheriff’s Division.
The hearth instantly threatened at the very least 10 apartments, all of which were evacuated, and an more 10 residences specifically south of wherever the fireplace happened ended up evacuated as a precaution, Fox mentioned.
Firefighters from the San Miguel, Santee and El Cajon hearth departments had been in a position to extinguish the flames and deputies acquired no 1 was inside the apartment when the fire begun, he said.
The occupants of the condominium exactly where the fireplace commenced ended up interviewed by authorities and it was established the kitchen area stove was still left on and unattended, sparking the hearth, Fox mentioned.
No accidents ended up described, but 1 condominium was harmed by fireplace, one unit sustained h2o harm and four other people sustained water and smoke damage, Fox reported.
Citizens of the 10 flats south of the place the hearth started had been permitted to return property, but about 20 residents from the other 10 apartments remained evacuated thanks to the ability in individuals models being turned off. San Diego Gasoline & Electric crews were being doing work to restore energy, Fox said.
The Red Cross set up a short term staging place for impacted residents in the Kelly’s Pub parking lot, 719 E. Bradley Ave.
— City Information Company
Unattended Kitchen Stove Ignites Hearth in El Cajon Apartment Complicated was past modified: Oct 7th, 2020 by
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free of charge day by day e mail e-newsletter! Click on here